Thursday, April 16, 2009

Masaryk Modern Mexican


(a delicious drink with Midori, Chambord, and other magical elements)

There has been no shortage of press for Masaryk Modern Mexican. If you google the name, you will find a plethora (nod to Three Amigos) of write ups...none as good as this one, of course.

So, my BFF works for Post Properties and she put me on to this joint. She met me for dinner tonight at Masaryk and it was AMAZING!!!
I was early, so I kicked my evening off with a mojito. It was crisp, green and minty. With food, it took on a whole new dimension!!


Chips and warm salsa were put on the table while I was waiting. The staff here was incredibly friendly, and I was even greeted by the chef, Gabriel.


I ordered the Queso Fundido and was blown away! This dish is a must!! The chorizo was cooked to perfection. The Oaxaca cheese was incredible. The caramelized onions were just the right amount of sweet. The icing on the cake was the oregano finish. This appetizer was so good, I had a hard time sharing. They served it with corn tortillas, but I enjoyed it on tortilla chips.

Since my BFF had been here before, she recommended the Applewood smoked bacon & chipotle beef fajitas. Since bacon is one of my highly revered food groups, I immediately agreed. These were out of this world. Served with all of the normal accoutrements PLUS bacon, I can't imagine a better combo. The meat had a delicious smoky-pepper flavor. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.



I am sure that I could write more about how amazed I was a this place, but i will just urge you to try it out for yourself. The menu has many other options to choose from, I am sure they are all fabulous, but I was so impressed with what we were served this evening.


(Cheers to you, Masaryk!!!)

Please, please, check out Gabe and his gang at Masaryk in Addison Circle!!!
Immediately!! This place is truly a gift to your palate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment