Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dish on the Road: Ft Worth: Esperanza's Bakery & Cafe


So when I am in Ft. Worth around dinner time, I am always willing to visit Joe T.'s. It has the amazing patio, the amazing menu, the AMAZING margaritas...it is all good. This weekend I spent some Cow Town time with my Aunt and Uncle, and for breakfast this morning, Esperanza's Bakery and Cafe was offered as an option. Esperanza's is somehow in Joe T.'s Mexican food family chain, and it was...you guessed it...AMAZING!!!!

Chips and salsa were the first order of the day...heck of a way to start breakfast!
Now this place is fond of the pig, so chorizo was a part of just about every item on the breakfast item. This chorizo as perfectly cooked, just the right amount of crisp done-ness that makes chorizo my second favorite b-fast food (Bacon comes in at #1).


I ordered the chiliquiles. These fluffy scrambled eggs were tossed with crisp tortilla strips, and topped with chorizo and cheese. It was accompanied by breakfast potatoes and a side of refried beans. Could your day start any better? Oh, wait...yes...it can!! Add a homemade tortilla to the mix and you are truly in Heaven!!


In the middle of breakfast, a mini-mariachi session broke out. Two kids with guitars and one kid with an accordion (wow!!!) played for us while we ate. It was all so very authentico!

When it was all said and done, my Uncle picked up the tab (thanks!!!), and my Aunt and I checked out the bakery part of Esperanza's Bakery & Cafe. They had tons of baked goods that looked delicious, a praline that made my mouth water just looking at it, and then some meats that they sold on the side.




All in all, a very flavorful and relaxing breakfast, and a nice way to cap off my weekend.
Thanks, Esperanza's!!


(Cheers to you, piggies!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment