Thursday, April 23, 2009

Foundation Room at the House of Blues


Well...for some of the last days in my 20s, I have been enjoying some nights on the town. Last night was no exception and the BFF took me to The Foundation Room at the HOB. It was kind of a last minute dinner, and I have to be honest...I really didn't expect too much.

My socks were blown off.
This place was DELICIOUS!!
To start, it was half price bottle of wine night. Does it get any better than that? At this place it does. :) So we started out with a super nice beverage. Abs prefers white, so we did a Riesling. It was perfect.



They put a bread basket on the table and I'm a little ashamed of myself. :) It had several kinds of bread from jalapeno cheese to raisin nut. To compliment, they brought out the most precious butter dish that had three dividers: one for chive butter (which was out of this world), one for regular butter, and one for honey butter. Already we were off to a magnificent start.



Abs ordered the crab cake, which not only looked beautiful, but tasted fantastic. It was pan fried on top and bottom and the crab tasted deliciously fresh.


I had the Hearts of Romaine salad which was dressed with black truffle cheese and apple cider vinegar. Wow!! All the right blends of tart and mild. Amazing flavor!


For the main course, Abs had roasted scallops. Each scallop was placed on top of a generous dollop of mashed potatoes. The potatoes were some of the best I've had in Dallas...they might even trump Craft's mashed potatoes...which were holding the #1 spot to date.
(But I'm not sure on that, so I'm going to re-visit Craft soon).


I had the fillet Mignon and it came with adorable carrots, pearl onions, mushrooms, and the most fantastic sauce. I am not quite sure what it was, but it was the perfect balance of salty and tangy. The fillet was delicious.



So we probably could have, and should have stopped there, but it's my b-day so we went ahead and ordered the chocolate covered Texas toast. OMG. It was served with a scoop of banana ice cream, fresh strawberries, and the most delicious cinnamon and sugar macadamia nuts.
I was in Heaven.



When I woke up this morning, I was still full.
And still pleasantly surprised.
Since Abs is a Foundation Room member, we walked right in and were seated immediately. The setting is beautiful, the music is, of course, great! Check this place out for sure!!


Compliments of the Chef. But really...thanks to you House of Blues!!
And thanks to you, Abs! What a night!

1 comment: