Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Coast





View from the front of the restaurant! Across are some beautiful fountains that change colors. You can kind of see them in the reflection. Kind of like Vegas.










Lovely Coral in the entrance.









Emily trying to figure out her iPhone. (Hey!!! I know how to use my iPhone. Kind of!!)




So, Emily and I tried out Coast last night. It is located in the Shops at Legacy at Plano. The restaurant itself is VERY trendy and has a cool ocean feel inside despite the freezing weather last night! We started out with drinks - Emily had the coconut martini and I stuck to my usual Chardonnay. Both were delish! Then, we ordered our appetizer of spinach dip with bacon and corn chips. BIG disappointment. It needed salt with a side of flavor. For the meal we ordered Marscarpone ravioli with a side of mashed potatoes. The ravioli was pretty good, but it was topped with an Asian soy type sauce. We both agreed that cream would have been the way to go with the sauce. The mashed potatoes were VERY good. I think they rated very close to Craft's ( which is my #1 pick in Dallas for mashed potatoes. We wanted to get a dessert, but decided that it might just push us over the edge. Overall, a bit of a disappointment.


The Spinach dip.




The Ravioli. Nice presentation.
The delish whipped potatoes!

1 comment: