Friday, March 20, 2009

Hattie's


It is Spring Break. That means sleeping in, having lunch out during the day, lazing around, and catching up on errands.

I was lucky enough to be able to meet my friend LN at Hattie's in Bishop's Art District. If you haven't been to this area of Dallas, I highly recommend taking in Tillman's Roadhouse first. It's one of my all time favorites. In fact, I could (and might) write a whole page on the merits of Bishop's Art in OC. Just go there and see for yourself.

Hattie's serves up southern home cooking. Things like shrimp and grits and fried green tomatoes. LN and I were on a sweet potato fry quest. These fries were delic because they were crisp, dusted with sea salt that helped balance the sweet aspects of the fry. Amazing!



I had the fried chicken salad salad. It was packed with avocado pieces and sliced beefsteak tomatoes. The lettuce was tossed in buttermilk ranch and bacon bits, and then topped with their delicious fried chicken.

LN had the chicken salad sandwich at the top, made with grapes, onions, chopped chicken, served on toast, accompanied by more sweet potato fries.

It is cute inside - pale yellow with black accents. Cute little tables, nice wall hangings. It is a respectable joint southern style.

No comments:

Post a Comment