Friday, March 6, 2009

Maximo's















Last night ( Thursday) my best friend and I headed out to an upscale Mexican food joint over by the Galleria. It is in the spot where BLT steak used to be. The outside photo is kind of dark, but this is a view from the front. It has a wrap around patio, so it will be great once the weather warms up around here. Around the corner are trees with little white lights on them. Cute!

When you walk in, it is kind of dark. It is all wood and lots of candles. The bar looked pretty full with different age folks! The ambiance was really good.

The first thing that we ordered was a Margarita- of Course. We both got frozen with salt. Not the best, but not the worst either. Then they brought out chips with three kinds of salsas. The green one in the middle was my favorite, but it definitely had a kick to it! Next for the entrees. I ordered the black bean and chicken nachos smothered in cheese. They were supposed to come with gauc. too, but it didn't come on the nachos. I kindly let the Waiter know, and he brought out a side for me. Very nice. My bestie ordered tortilla soup and really liked it. It had chicken and avocado in it with crunchy tortilla chips on top. She really liked the consistency and the flavor. Overall, the place was really nice if you are in the mood for upscale mexican. Personally, I prefer the plain old mexican food joints.




No comments:

Post a Comment