Friday, March 20, 2009

Bella


Bella is so new to the Quadrangle that they don't even have a menu that I could link to.
Katie, Mom, and I went there for a girls lunch on Friday. As you can see, at 11:30, we were the only ones there.
It is nice enough. The table decor was a cute little tulip in a frosted glass vase. There are some booths lining one wall. Those made the place seem a little less austere. The bar was tiled and backlit, which gave it a neat kind of feel. However, the music was a bit too loud for the crowd that was there, and the service was a little slow for the number of patrons.

All of that being said, however, the food ranged from decent to delicious.





We ordered up the Mushroom Reggiano. It was a delicious cream based mushroom soup that had great flavor - maybe a wine base? It was topped with focaccia croutons and Reggiano shavings. All in all, this was a highlight of lunch for me. Found on the soup/salad part of the menu, this was about $7, but it was more than the three of us could split. Well worth it!

Katie had the 8oz Bella Burger with Parmesan fries. The bun was baked with rosemary, and that was the only thing I really remember her saying about the whole thing. It looked pretty, though.

Mom and I split the Short Rib Grinder. While mom found the meat to be too dry, I found it enjoyable and tender enough that I didn't have to wrestle it. It was topped with white cheddar, a horseradish-mayo blend, and fried onion strings. It was rich and half was plenty!! This picture is the half portion.

We will hope that Bella fares better than the other restaurants that have attempted that same location. We liked it, but we weren't blown away.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to Bella yet, but I hope it succeeds as well. I worked with the Chef, Chris Short at The Mansion on Turtle Creek. He is a great chef, as well as a great guy! Plus they got 4 stars from Leslie Brenner.

    ReplyDelete