Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Second Floor

Second Floor is a restaurant that can be found in the Westin Hotel, linked up to the Dallas Galleria.
They guy who started S.F. was linked to both Lola and Bijoux in the past, and he brought some tricks over to this location.
The surroundings aren't fab - they pretty much scream "upscale hotel restaurant", but the food was well worth trying.

The amuse bouche was made with goat cheese. It looked pretty.


The bread basket was a hit...


One dining companion chose the mixed field greens salad. Healthy and made with a house vinaigrette that looked pretty good.


My other dining companion had the burger, complete with cheddar. Shoestring fries and a small salad accompanied this burger. She could only eat half!


Steak was on my list for the day, so I tried the filet that had the most wonderful "pomme puree and truffle jus". I also ordered the sweet potato fries; they were the only disappointment - large and soggy. That did not, however, detract from the marvelous nature of the steak.


I enjoyed my dinner very much. This location is great if you have to meet someone north of "the loop" [635].

No comments:

Post a Comment