Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Red Mango


With the influx of yogurt locations, you can find one on almost every corner (and if you're near West Village, you can find about three within a stone's throw).
I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan; I like my frozen yogurt to taste like ice cream. In reality, I would probably rather just have an ice cream. Anything on the yogurt-y side and I cant quite appreciate it as it should be. I will eat it once in awhile, but not every week or anything of the sort.

(the healthy options)

This new Red Mango location opened up across the street from the Kroger where I do my grocery shopping, so I decided to stop in for dinner last night. The spot was tidy and clean, not a smudge on the glass - my OCD appreciates that.

(more toppings)

They have the usual fare - you choose one of four flavors, add your toppings, pay your bill.
A smoothie appealed to me last night, so I ordered up a small pomegranate pro biotic smoothie. Made with POM brand pomegranate juice, blueberries, and plain yogurt, I found it to be refreshing. It did have a distinct yogurt taste, but I found that after a few sips, that didn't bother me like I thought it would.


It didn't "wow" me like Yogilicious did and the smoothie wasn't as healthful as the self expression blended cup at Orange Cup (for the same amount of calories, I might add...).
But if you like yogurt, give it a try and see how you think it stacks up!

No comments:

Post a Comment