Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yummy Donuts


While I was getting a manicure this morning, I sat watching throngs of people traveling to the joint next door: Yummy Donuts.
I frequently want to stop in there - how can you boast such a name??? - but their hours haven't seemed to match up with mine...until today.
Manicure done, my iPhone and I decided to take it in.
You can see by the case that this joint is popular.


However, I wonder if that is because true "donut" stores are hard to come by when you live downtown-ish?


(apple fritter and a dozen donut holes)

I asked the server what her favorite donut was, of those left. She recommended the apple fritter. It was good - crisp where it should be and decently cinnamon-y. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it, though. The donut holes were just ok.

The standard by which Katie and I judge all donuts is a little joint in Rowlett off 66 and Rowlett Road. It is a simple black and white sign that reads "DONUT". I don't even think there are any tables. But those donuts are light and airy with a superfluous amount of well done glaze.

I have yet to find something that can hold a candle to it.
Yummy Donuts - you were okay - but it's a good thing you don't live in the 'burbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment