Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dallas Chop House Part II

I am a huge fan of Dallas Chop House, so I decided to try it again. This time for lunch! Again, all we had to do was ride the elevator downstairs and we were there. No valet, no parking, and no waiting! They just recently opened for lunch and I'd say that was a pretty great decision. At 11:30, this place was starting to fill up fast. After being seated, we were immediately brought billowy warm pop overs with whipped garlic butter. Did I mention that I gave up bread for lent? I desperately wanted to go back on my decision, but I couldn't. Not on day one anyways. Everyone ELSE at the table loved them.
On to the second torturous portion of the meal. Everyone ordered a sandwich that I would have LOVED to have ordered as well. It was served with avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, and lump crab meat in an aioli sauce. All between two buttery pieces of toasted brioche. You have your choice of either having sweet potato fries or potato chips as a side.


That said, they do offer lovely salad options for those who don't want a heavier lunch. I ordered the chop chop chicken salad with the dressing on the side. Carrots and celery were mixed in with iceberg lettuce and roasted shredded chicken. This was topped off with crispy won ton slivers and served with a roasted red pepper vinaigrette.
I was pleased with the service and ambiance of this place once again. This will be one of my first spots to visit following the Lenten season! My mouth is already watering...


2 comments:

  1. I will be trying the crab meat and avocado sandwich with sweet potato fries, thank you! And it works with my no meat Lenten sacrifice, too. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FINALLY got the sandwich today! In LOVE. It is delish!

    ReplyDelete