Wednesday, February 17, 2010

World Piece


Last night's dinner plan was to find World Piece on Lower Greenville and give it a try.
I am still trying to sort out the right words to explain how much I love and adore this new restaurant.

The seating is precious. Tables or table/booth combos are offered up. Overstuffed pillows are there to make your stay more comfortable. Brick walls and cement floors could give this place an austere feel, but the decor and the color scheme make it feel so warm.

(the bread basket with unsalted butter - our favorite)

We started off with the butternut squash soup. Garnished with pepitas, this soup was spectacular. It had a silky texture, it was the perfect temperature, and the pepitas were such a nice, nutty contrast compared to the mellow taste of the squash. I wanted to order a bowl to go so that I could enjoy the soup again for my lunch today, but they had sold the last bowl by the time I got around to placing my order!



For our second appetizer we tried Kobe Meat Balls & Harissa Aioli. Wow! Such flavor in such small morsels. We were very impressed with the way these little guys took charge of the plate.


Done with our small plates, we moved on to the large plates. We tried Grilled Salmon with Coconut Milk and Curry and we tried Flemish Beef Carbonades. Both dishes were phenomenal. The nice thing about World Piece is that the portions are a good size. We aren't talking about a giant man steak of grilled salmon, but a solid piece plated with vegetables that spectacularly complimented the main course.
The flavors of the salmon and the sauce really popped and made this dish unique.



The Flemish Beef Carbonades was billed as a type of beef-beer stew. The dish was served in a red Le Creuset ramekin with lid. The beef was tender and delicious - again, a generous portion without being overkill, so enjoyable I didn't want to put my fork down. I even ate all of my vegetables - if they tasted like that at my house, veggies wouldn't be a problem!



(ta-da! The unveiling of the dish!)

All I can say about this place: Give Piece a Chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment