Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lucky Leaf Peanut Butter Strawberry Pie

Two confessions before we begin:
#1: I eat a pb & strawberry jelly uncrustable for lunch almost every day.
It's a craving, so blame the baby.
#2: I am horrible with pies. I love to eat pie, mind you.
But when I try to make a pie, it is always a horrible fail.

I know this mission of this blog isn't about what we're "cooking up", because, really, Katie and I are great cooks and we could fill this blog all day long with our ventures in the kitchen.
However, this pie was simple, easy, and GOOD...so I wanted to share.

The link to the recipe can be found here: Strawberry Peanut Butter Pie
Since I'm a librarian married to a patent attorney, I'm not going to copy the recipe for you - but just click on the link for step-by-step instructions. In the meantime, here is my photographic journey of pie numero uno. Enjoy!

1. Mix pretzels, sugar, and butter.
2. Put it in a pie plate and call it a crust.

3. Get a helper. Gather ingredients: pb, conf. sugar, and cream cheese.

4. Mix it up!
5. Fold in Cool Whip, uh-hem, I mean "whipped topping".

6. Get your crust out of the fridge where it's been chilling and top with half a can of Lucky Leaf Strawberry Pie Filling.
7. Spread that peanut butter goodness over the crust/pie filling.
8. Top with remaining pie filling.

And you're done....maybe 30 minutes INCLUDING clean up. Really, it can't be beat. :)
Chill 2 hours.
Enjoy.

Let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment