Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cowboy Chow


I did a return visit to Cowboy Chow this weekend.
The first time I went there was with Jason. We split the brisket sloppy joe and the Cowboy nachos.

Both were very, very delicious, and I swore I would come back. At that time, the owner came over and talked with us for a bit: he also owns Twisted Root Burger AND he is going to be featured on The Food Network in July!!!

This time I went with my newly married BF, Dr. JP.
We went at 11:00 on Saturday and decided to have brunch.

Lunch was good.
Brunch was fantastic.
It depends on what you're after!!

Here is a link to the menu: http://www.cowboychow.net
You can judge for yourself.

When JP and I went for brunch, we started out with cokes. The cokes in this joint are old school -served in tall glass bottles. Jason calls them "Mexican Cokes" because, when imported, they are made with real sugar cane and are extra thirst quenching. :) You have to pop your cap off using the bottle opener found mounted on the wall at every table. I like to call this: Charm!

We then ordered the fry bread. It was salty, but came with a side of clover honey for dipping. Very nice savory-sweet combo.

I was specifically after the French Toast with Drunken Blackberry Syrup. It was well worth the return visit. The French Toast must have been made with Texas Toast because the slices were what I would like to call, thick and hearty. In between the four half-slices, they placed a big scoop of whipped butter. The temp of the French Toast caused the butter to melt into the blackberry syrup: a little slice of Heaven!!
This is pretty much the best breakfast I have had in a long, long time.
Jen had the Muchaca and it looked pretty tasty, too. I'm afraid that I was too busy snarfing the F.T. to ask her about it.

We finished our meal with the chocolate chip ice cream sandwich. It was one chocolate chip cookie, one chocolate cookie with chocolate chips, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream between the two. At this point, I was on sugar overload.

I would go back to this place in the blink of an eye.
It has real personality and a great menu that features quite a bit of brisket...but it is good brisket, so that is a-okay! Yee-haw!~



Jason's favorite item: the real sugar cane coke they serve - you remove the cap yourself:

One of the brisket taco options:

No comments:

Post a Comment