Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Seasons 52

As someone who appreciates food, the whole concept of Seasons 52 discouraged me.
If I wanted a low-cal dinner, I'd pop in a Lean Cuisine.

It was suggested on more than one occasion, though, so I caved in and gave it a try.
The result was a pleasant surprise.

You probably know the deal: nothing in Seasons 52 is over 475 calories.
It's seasonally inspired, so it is always a revolving menu. Everything is perfect and your pants will still fit comfortably when you leave. As they told my dining companion: "ma'am, we don't have mayonnaise here".

The lack of mayonnaise isn't a bad thing, though. Don't let it deter you.

We started with the Ripe Plum Tomato Flatbread. Basil, garlic, and Parmesan had so much flavor, you didn't even miss whatever usually makes up those extra calories.



We were there for lunch, so my pal ordered the Grilled Portobello Turkey Burger. She said that it was delicious. Turkey burgers are something I just can't get behind, but if you like that sort of thing - the cheese & portobellos looked wonderful.


I had the Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwich. The vegetables were fresh, the chicken was clean and had that delicious grilled flavor that can take a dish so far! I loved it.



For dessert, I had the eggnog mini. JP enjoyed the key lime pie. We would've shared, but there just wasn't that much. Oddly, it was just the right amount.


And I guess that's the thing about Season's 52. Its a great idea and you leave pleased with yourself for making such good, albeit forced, choices.

The Dish: The Grilled Chicken Caesar will shock you with how good 475 calories can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment