Wednesday, January 26, 2011

GiGi's Cupcakes

Chocolate Salted Caramel



I know tacos are the new cupcakes, etc...
Last week I read that pies were the new taco (and I'm going to Rosebud's on Lovers ASAP to test the theory).

Gigi's didn't get the memo, though, and opened their new shop off Lovers and Inwood not too long ago. Always one to give cupcakes a fair shake, I've tried Gigi's, a national franchise, three times. Each time I've wanted to like it - the staff is incredibly friendly, there are free samples, it's very clean. And each time, my cupcake has fallen short of the mark: a little dry, flavors (despite sounding fantastic) are so-so. Most of all, the 2 inches of icing was over the top and, in my opinion, very similar to a short guy driving a monster truck: someone is trying to make up for something else that is, well, lacking.

The Dish: This cupcake place isn't for us.

Wedding Cake, Strawberry Shortcake, and Chocolate Salted Caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment