Sunday, August 22, 2010

Burguesa Burger




Burguesa Burger had been calling to me for awhile, but this kind of burger will beat down your self-esteem, so i had to time it carefully. You see, Burguesa Burger isn't your normal burger. Oh, no. It is a burger to feed your hangover. It is a burger that will push you into the next weight class. It is a B-U-R-G-E-R.


The menu does boast a slew of options, but if you find yourself at this tiny drive up location on Inwood Road by Southwestern, you have only one real choice: The Monumental. It has all of the normal burger parts: meat, cheese, meat, cheese, bread, lettuce, onion, tomato... plus avocado, ham, special sauce, refried beans, AND A TOSTADA. My heart hurts just listing the ingredients.
(I did have the Monumental, Jr. which cuts down the meat and cheese by half and was still ridiculous. )




The soda fountain boasts pure sugar cane soft drinks in an array of citrus flavors like grapefruit, orange, lemon-lime, and cola (for those who don't think outside of the box).
When it come to fries, I highly recommend the spicy fries. I'm not sure what blend of seasoning flavored these fries, but it was tasty - smokey, bacon-y, and spicy pepper-y. The fries would have been pretty dull without this added extra.

The menu also listed churros, which I longed to try, but just couldn't bring myself to order. All in all, the burger meat wasn't the best I've ever had, but the experience was so unique, it was definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment