Thursday, June 18, 2009

Unwind at Scardello!

I recently received an e-mail about Scardello's newest venture (in addition to their cheese classes, which I will write more about after experiencing...), Unwind.
Unwind is featured from 4:30-6:30 Monday-Friday at their Oak Lawn location.
The wines by the glass are all sold at a flat rate of $6, an excellent deal and quite a variety to choose from!
In addition to that, they offer up a "little bowl of nibbles" being almonds, fruit, or olives. Can't beat it!

KA and I decided to give it a try last night.
In addition to our little bowl of almonds, we ordered up a bottle of Riesling and a cheese plate. The cheese plate was yum-tacular! The cheese tray was a combo of sliced bread, a variety of fruits and honey, and then the two cheeses that we selected from the case (of course you can add more if you'd like). We told the man the kinds of things we liked and didn't like (goat cheese nemesis)...and he did us proud.

The whole thing was delicious and well worth a visit.
I would do this again, for sure.
The staff is overly accommodating and so knowledgeable.
The cheese is out of this world.
Everything I have tried here has been lovely. I highly recommend a visit.


Check out their website, too, by clicking here!
I joined their mailing list because I heart cheese and so far it's been very interesting to see what they're up to!! I also noticed that they do picnic basket rental and that has some very big prospects for the future.

Unwind at Scardello for sure.
Call me, I'll join you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment