Friday, July 8, 2011

Scardello: Italian Wine and Cheese Class


Scardello is truly a gem and I'm glad to be on their mailing list. If you're not - you're definitely missing out. Last night was the Italian wine and cheese class, which I was more than happy to attend and sample.

Cheers!

The Italian wine and cheese class offered up 4 wines, each paired with two to three amazing cheeses. Each pairing is discussed - right down to how the cheese is created, cheese wheels and wedges are available for your viewing, and then you conduct your very own taste test.

I love this little handout - it reminds me of what I want to try once I get home.

All in all, I find it to be a very wonderful process. I've taken several of the classes, and each time I find a cheese that is beyond delicious, something that I would not have picked for myself. Plus, the price is excellent for four glasses of wine plus artisan cheese. The conversation is good, the atmosphere is relaxed. I always leave pleased with my experience!


If classes aren't you're thing, Scardello offers up happy hour specials, Late Night events complete with jazz, and even lunch time sandwiches made with their delicious and inspiring cheese. Whatever appeals to you, make sure you drop in and visit this Dallas treasure!

The Dish: Buy a sliver of the Sottocenere. And a box of the dried cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment