Monday, May 23, 2011

The Commissary

I will preface this entry by saying that I went to The Commissary at 5:30 for dinner. Some call this a geriatric schedule. I call it - I have a baby and 5:30 is sometimes my dinnertime. *please note, I did not bring my baby to the bar - just my appetite.
My experience was wonderful; the staff was friendly and not exasperated to answer my menu questions. There were several work related Happy Hour events going on that looked like a lot of fun. There were swanky couches with fireplaces in the background outside that looked charming. I chose a booth/table combo inside because humidity and my hair don't usually mix.

The $8 valet may have struck me the wrong way, but the happy hour discounts on apps and wine made it a draw. So...I started with the Parmesan popcorn. Tillman's has been my favorite for ages because their popcorn has that little gift of truffle oil. Well, this heaping platter of popped goodness also had the truffle oil PLUS Parmesan - and I didn't have to shame myself in asking for seconds. Ha!


For dinner, there are many options, but the burger choices dominate the menu. My dining pal tried the California burger. No complaints there. She especially loved that you could choose your burger size. This is the 6oz.


I tried the beef short rib burger with collard greens. Oh my gosh! The photo below doesn't really do it justice. This was outstanding. I would order this again in a heartbeat. The skinny fries served alongside were also pretty decent & not at all what I was expecting.


I finished off my eating event with the Pistachio and Strawberry Financier. While not traditionally served, it was pretty darn good. Strawberry ice cream was at the end of a trail of pistachio mousse, & all of it was off set by a cookie bits.


Up next, i want to try "The Table". Click here for more info!

The dish: The Rib Burger is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment