Sunday, November 28, 2010

Artin's Grill

Date night had us up in Plano last week to try Artin's Grill.
Upon walking in, I was a little disappointed. The atmosphere didn't seem cozy at all. The soaring ceilings and rows of booths, initially, made me feel like this place was going to be a jazzed up Chili's. I could not have been further from the truth.

Seated in a booth, I was surprised at how easy it was to have a conversation. I expected everything to be a cacophony of dinner plates, voices, and clinking glasses, but it was very comfortable.

We started out with the wedge salad and enjoyed the traditional presentation with nice sized pieces of bacon, blue cheese, and tomatoes. Wonderful!


From there, we went with the waiter's recommendation: Braised Beef Short Ribs. These little gems were boneless, juicy, and tender as heck! The short ribs were served on top of the mushroom mac and cheese and finished with onion strings This is one of the best things I have ever ordered, and that's saying a lot!


J and I split the dish, and the waiter was kind enough to bring it already divided. I love it when restaurants offer this, even for a fee, because it prevents messes! It was a generous portion, and I would recommend splitting this particular entree since the meal is so rich.

Post-dinner, we moved on to the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. Rich and chocolaty, it was a delicious match to my glass of cabernet.


This made for a lovely date night that I look forward to replicating in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment