Monday, June 21, 2010

Cosa Nostra

I spent the weekend in Rowlett, and had to revisit one of my very favorite local Italian joints, Cosa Nostra. Deno, the owner, is one of the friendliest people you will ever meet. He treats you like family from the moment you walk in the door. The restaurant is tucked away in a shopping center off of Dalrock and Highway 66. Inside are about 10 tables and an open grill. You can see the chef’s preparing your food while you are seated.

Once you are placed at a table, you are greeted with a tray of fresh garlic rolls and homemade marinara sauce. This alone is worth the trip! They have a ton of choices on the menu, so some find it hard to make a decision. I always opt for the same amazing macaroni and cheese dish and have NEVER been disappointed. The dish is served hot and bubbly. I’m not sure what the recipe is, but I know it is made with cream and ricotta and simply melts in your mouth. I am a big macaroni and cheese person, but I often find myself disappointed anytime I order it. This, however, is simply a must try!


Other guests at the table were pleased with their choices as well:


Philly cheese steak

Pasta Sampler


Spaghetti and Meatballs



Next time you are out in the burbs, take a moment to try this place out. Word is they will have a new expanded place by the end of the year! We are so happy for Deno and his crew!

FYI - Cosa Nostra is BYOB with a small corking fee .

No comments:

Post a Comment