Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tillman's Roadhouse - Ft. Worth


Tillman's Roadhouse in Oak Cliff is one of my all time favorite restaurants. From the truffle oil popcorn to their egg less Caesar salad to their chicken fried hangar steak, I love this place. I love their back room for private parties (so much personality), their decor, their mannerisms, even the little birds that sit on the table...love it.


So today I visited the Tillman's Roadhouse in Ft. Worth. It has more space, a bigger patio, and LARGER bathrooms (a big plus). The decor is similar. I like the intimate feel of the Dallas location, but this floor plan is definitely more maneuverable.


The delicious qualities of the cooking definitely transferred.
Instead of popcorn, they offered up potato chips that were light and salty as heck.


We ordered the trio of fries and couldn't even finish half of the appetizer. They serve the Sweet Potato, Parmesan, and Purple Peruvian fries with house made mayo and ketchup - out of this world!



I ordered the citrus lemonade which blended traditional lemonade with cranberries. The marvelous feature of this little beverage is that it wasn't too sweet, too watery, or too sour. It was just right...that is hard to master in a lemonade!


My dining companion ordered the soup and salad combo. It was a salmon chowder made with purple potatoes. She said it was all about the potatoes and that it was delicious. Her salad came with apple slices, blue cheese, and tiny grapefruit segments.



I ordered the Caesar salad that is now served on a corn zapata. A corn zapata is like a giant seasoned tortilla chip. The salad was well dressed and flavorful, as usual, and I loved the added zapata element!


For lunch, Tillman's also serves individual s'mores. If I had had any room left at all, I would have definitely tried one of these - you can't go to Tillman's without ordering the s'mores dessert. It is heavenly and all homemade.


Both locations have an outstanding staff that is knowledgeable, friendly, and genuine. Our service today was exceptional, and I feel that that is always the case when I visit this restaurant.

The Dallas location is still my favorite, but Ft. Worth runs a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment