Wednesday, December 23, 2009

American Girl Bistro


I realize that the American Girl Bistro is going to have limited appeal, but I stumbled upon this spot while shopping with my friend's seven year old little girl. If you know a girl around this age, the American Girl store is, of course, heaven.

The Bistro is located upstairs from the store, which somewhat removes you from the madness of the crowd. Reservations are recommended.
Before you are seated you are either given a baby seat, just in case you brought your doll with you. If you forgot your doll or if you don't have a doll, the Bistro has a wide selection that you can choose from. Doll and seat are attached to the table, and everyone is given a menu - doll included.


I didn't have high expectations for the Bistro, but it definitely surprised me.
The menu is coursed - you pay $14.50 for dinner.


Everyone at the table chose a different starter, so we were served the very veggie platter that was complimented by both green goddess and ranch dressings, the fruit platter with yogurt dip and two strawberry muffins (the fruit was on skewers and cut into star shapes), and the warm tomato-and-mozzarella flatbread.




For dinner, I selected the salad with coconut crusted chicken. It was so yummy with dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, tomatoes, nuts, goat cheese (which I, of course, had removed), and three big pieces of coconut crusted chicken breasts. It was tossed in a light vinaigrette. It was delicious.


My dining companion had the turkey sandwich, which was plated well and served with sweet potato chips that were so unique, she quickly found her plate empty.



My seven year old dining companion enjoyed the chicken tenders served with a side of mac and cheese.

We all enjoyed a cup of peppermint hot chocolate before heading back out into the cold weather. However, even the seven year old pointed out that there was no peppermint flavor to be found.



All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by this delicate little restaurant that I would have never found on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment